Drive-thru hours

All of our services are now available online. If a drive-thru visit is required, our new drive-thru hours are Mon-Fri, 8-12 and 1-5.

Utility Assistance Programs

At Trussville Gas & Water, we care about helping our community members in need.  Below are links to programs that offer assistance in paying utility bills. Contact these agencies to discuss whether you qualify for assistance.

For our customers living in Jefferson County:

Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)

LIPEAP is federally funded program that helps low-income households with their home energy bills.  This program is administered through the state of Alabama. JCCEO (Jefferson County) administers the utility assistance program and funds are paid directly to utility companies and vendors. 

Jefferson County Website:

Jefferson County Office:
300 Eighth Avenue West
Birmingham, AL 35204-3039

Contact JCCEO an appointment:
Call: 1-205-327-7500

The following lists includes some of the documents that are required for your appointment with Jefferson County:

  • Recent copies of your utility bills
  • A recent payroll stub or other proof that shows your current gross income
  • Documentation showing income from Social Security, Unemployment Insurance, Pension Funds, disability, etc
  • Final Utility Termination Notice (if you’ve received a shut-off notice from your energy company)
  • Proof of present address (e.g., rent receipt, lease or deed, property tax bill)     
  • Proof of total members living in your household (e.g., birth certificates, school records, etc.)
  • Social Security cards (or numbers) for all persons living in your household
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residence
  • Refer to the JCCEO Website for additional information

The mission of JCCEO is to seek to reduce poverty and help low-income citizens of Jefferson County, Alabama to meet critical needs and become self-sufficient.

For our Customers living in St. Clair County:

St. Clair County Website:

St. Clair Office:
1481 McCurdy Avenue South
Rainsville, AL 35986

Call for an appointment:

The following list includes some of the documents that are required at your appointment with Community Action Agency:

  • Photo ID
  • Social Security Card (all household members)
  • Proof of income (all paystubs of previous month)
  • Social Security Statement
  • SSI Benefit Statement
  • Current Bill or Utility Statement
  • Government Housing (utility allowance/lease)
  • Medical Documents (if requested)
  • Refer to the Community Action Partnership website for additional information

The mission of Community Action Partnership:

“We are dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty by improving the quality of life and empowering the community to become self-sufficient.”

Additional Resources

American Red Cross:

Greater Birmingham Ministries:

Salvation Army – Project Share:
St Clair – 205-638-4430
Jefferson County – 205-781-0517

TEAM (Trussville Ecumenical Assistive Ministry):

United Way:
Dial 2-1-1 or 1-888-421-1266