Our customers love natural gas in their kitchens.
Here is why:
- Cooking with natural gas offers uniform heat and excellent temperature control
- Natural gas cooktops offer instant on/off capabilities
- A wide range of features and designs appeal to many different home buyers
- Modern natural gas ranges, ovens and cooktops are energy efficient and easy to clean
- Manufacturers continue to add new features and designs to satisfy new home buyers
Natural Gas cooking offers many possibilities.
Natural gas ranges typically come in sizes from 24 to 60 inches and sometimes include grills and griddles. Most manufacturers offer ranges with double ovens and dual-stacked burners for gentle simmering or rapid boiling.
Some additional features include:
- High-capacity gas burners, up to 20,000 Btu
- Star-shaped burners for improved flame distribution
- Continuous grates and centralized controls
- Dual-stacked burners for fast boiling and low simmering
Don’t forget the hood!
When designing a new kitchen or a remodeling an old one, don’t forget the hood. Exhaust hoods now offer a variety of features. Old, metal hoods are being replaced with different shapes and colors to fit almost any decor. Some hood features include:
- Air-recirculating technology that allows hoods to double as air purifiers
- Lightweight designs with quiet, energy-efficient fans
- Designs that use lighting supplied by LEDs
- Hoodless ventilation combining a four-speed suction unit with flush-mounted lights
- New blower system technology, which provides up to 30% more airflow
Natural gas cooking is preferred over electric.
Research shows that homeowners prefer natural gas cooking over electric.
- Natural gas cooking is safe, efficient and economical
- Natural gas cooking is more efficient than electricity
- It cost about half as much to cook with a natural gas range as with a similar electric range
Trussville Gas & Water will help you get cooking with gas by offering a $100 rebate when you purchase a new natural gas range/cooktop or oven. For details visit Trussville.com or call 205-655-3211.
(Source: Alabama Public Gas Association & Pensacola Energy)